At STAR Physical Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
The management team at STAR has been diligently researching and watching all developments surrounding COVID - 19. Amid so much uncertainty, as a small business that has been part of this community for 38 years, we have been focused on making the best decisions for our patients. We have done so through engagement with our professional organizations, government agencies, and our physical therapy colleagues throughout the state of NY. We have been constantly monitoring the situation so that we can ensure the safety of our patients and clients. The health and well-being of our patients and staff is of utmost importance to us. Our mission has always been to improve the quality of life of our clientele and that need still exists. Presently, we have made the decision to stay open, while putting additional parameters in place that will minimize risk to anyone who enters our building. Of course, we ask for your cooperation in this as well.
- If you do not feel healthy other than the reason your are coming for therapy, or if you have potentially been exposed to anyone who is sick, please call to let us know and we will cancel your appointment.
- Every patient will be screened and asked to wash their hands thoroughly before and after every treatment session.
- All equipment will be thoroughly disinfected before and after every use.
- We will assure social distancing protocols by reducing any scheduling overlap to limit the number of patients and staff in our clinic at any one time, making use of private rooms and the large space of our rehab room.
- No more than 2 patients, or 3 members in the pool at one time.
- No more than 2 people in the waiting room at any one time.
- We have advised our staff to stay home if they are feeling ill, exhibiting any signs of the virus or have come into contact with someone that may have the virus. Therefore, it may be necessary to change your scheduled appointment or the provider you are scheduled to see. We are asking for your understanding and cooperation with these changes.
In the meantime, this week we are set to begin training for Telehealth PT services that may be available as soon as 2 weeks from now. We will update you as these services become available.
We also understand that many people may be experiencing musculoskeletal pain and are unable to make an appointment with a physician. We wanted to be sure that all our past/current patients know that under the Direct Access Law a patient can come in for either 10 visits or 30 days of therapy WITHOUT a referral from a physician. Therefore, if you are experiencing any pain or discomfort and would like to be seen now, it is likely this will be covered by your insurance. This law is covered by most insurances, please give our office a call to set up an appointment if you would like to be seen now.
Thank you for your love and support during this difficult time. Stay healthy and keep moving!
Some useful resources: Local coronavirus hotline: 753 -5555
The team @ STAR Physical Therapy